Opened in 1938, Hillsborough River State Park is one of Florida's first state parks; this original Civilian Conservation Corps park is divided by the swiftly flowing Hillsborough River with a set of Class II rapids. The River-N-Rapids Half Marathon,10K and 5K will have participants running along the high banks of the river above the rapids, through a variety of habitats, past some huge oak trees and over the historic CCC suspension bridge--scenic incentive to get your body moving!
Choose how you DARE GREATLY:
River-N-Rapids Half Marathon
Start Time: 8am
•Paved loop road, Rapids Trail, Baynard Trail, Seminole Trail, Baynard Trail (two laps of all but the paved loop) • This is a trail run—expect roots and ruts, mud and sand, rocks and boardwalks!
Aid Stations: 2-3 on route with sports drink and water. BUT, there will not be an aid station every mile.
• Race Shirt
(guaranteed for pre-registration only)
• Post-Race Food and Drinks
Award for all Finishers
• Award for all Finishers
• First Place Male and Female Overall
• Custom Award for Top Three in each
Saturday, April 6
• 6:30am Park Opens
• 6:30-7:45am Packet Pick-Up,
HRSP Rec Hall
• 6:300-7:30am Day-of Registration
(limited), HRSP Rec Hall
• 8:00am Half Marathon Start
• 8:15am 10K Start
• 8:30am 5K Start
• 9:15am--Post-Race Snacks and Drinks
• Overall and age group awards handed out as they are determined.
Park Entrance Fees:
• INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE for 2019!
• Main event parking will be in Parking Lot #3
• Overflow parking as directed by HRSP staff/volunteers
• Parking is limited, so please carpool with other participants
Hillsborough River State Park
We encourage you to make a day or a weekend out of racing at Hillsborough River State Park. With a number of picnic areas, pavilions, several playgrounds, the Spirit of the Woods Pool Side Cafe and Gift Shop, an ADA-accessible half-acre swimming pool and canoe and bicycle rentals, the park is a great place to bring the entire family!
Camping at Hillsborough River State Park
Hillsborough River offers RV and tent camping with electric on most of the campsites in this 112 site campground. Each site is equipped with water, a fire ring and picnic table. Each loop has restrooms with hot showers and laundry facilities.
Reservations may be made up to 11 months in advance through ReserveAmerica.